Sunday, April 8, 2018

Dangria Welcomes Missionaries Again

Dangriga just received missionaries again after 8 months. A rented house serves as the chapel in this coastal town, a two-hour drive south of Belize City.  Elders Livingston and Alcantara are excited to meet their new neighbors!
Zone conferences, held every 6 weeks, are well anticipated by the missionaries in the country. There are now 20 young missionaries serving in Belize.
 We were well taught by our zone leaders, Elder Jenks and Elder Eves, as well as by President Adams.
Role playing on how best to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ...
Sister Kendall received a birthday package, as Sister Arteaga looks on.
Elder Reyes was happy to get a new pair of shoes sent from home to replace his old ones that had  a hole through the bottom.

When we were at zone conference, I found out that one of our missionary's father was featured on the I'm a Mormon series.  It was fun to look up the video about Elder Watt's father.
 You can also see the video by clicking here
This is what mormon.org said about the video:  Mormon researcher Ryan Watt's passion for finding a cure for Alzheimer's, Lou Gehrig's, and Parkinson's diseases is personal. It's fueled by his family & his belief in Jesus Christ.

Helping members of the church help themselves is central to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Elvis Gomez (center) and Daniel Hernandez (far right), church directors for self-reliance and the Perpetual Education Fund, visited this weekend from Guatemala City to train interested members in successful career preparation and seeking educational opportunities. Their workshops were held in Orange Walk and Belize City, setting the stage for more to come.

Happenings in our neighborhood:
The mail is delivered differently in Belize than in the U.S.  I asked if I could take a picture of our mailman.  He was happy to pose.  
A lineman on the street in front of our house climbs the pole free hand with spikes on his boots to make a repair.
Being a city girl, I couldn't resist taking a picture of this chicken as we left the yard of one of our member's house.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for sharing photos and videos.....I wasnted to share the same video on Facebook and a rectangualr box appears on my screen when I hit that share arrow and the FB icon saying I am blocked from sharing it, so I have no idea what I need to do to get rid of it.....our son had no idea either....so that's where I am today with sharing things on FB! Carry On!!! And please give folks our love....happy Dangriga has missionaries again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try finding the video on Youtube. Click the share button. Copy the link. Share the link on FB.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!!! I will see what I can do!!!

      Delete