Sunday, June 24, 2018

Friends and Watermelon!

The Santoya's invited us to the new house Moses is building in Carmelita, a village outside of Orange Walk. Moses is a returned missionary who served in England. He and Clara are establishing a celestial home.
Harold and Elena Smith are pioneers of the church in leadership in Belize, and have lived a most amazing life in fishing, entrepreneurship, and industry, both in Belize and the U.S.
We were honored to be invited to the retirement celebration of Rodrick Cardinez, principal of renowned Edward P. Yorke High School in Belize City. Rodrick is retiring after 37 years in education, just as Elder Magnusson did two years ago.
Publics supermarket has been our preferred spot for grocery shopping. We met store manager Rajesh Verma (lower left) several months ago while searching for our favorite cookies. While we never found our cookies (and probably really don't need them), we did find a new friend in Rajesh.  With 11 years as manager, he puts his customers and staff (lower right) first. Publics is known for its variety of fresh produce--we get at least two watermelons and two pineapples a week!
Speaking of watermelon, we noticed a city crew working our street, clearing the sides of debris and weeds.  Returning home several hours later, their work was done, and the streets were well groomed.  My Publics watermelon was in the fridge, so I offered the crew some cold, sliced watermelon and thanked them for their hard work to beautify our neighborhood. They were very appreciative.
This song reminds us of Jesus’ many miracles during His life on earth as well as His miracles in each of our lives today through His Atonement.  This is a message that I am glad to share with my brothers and sisters here in Belize.  
You can also see the video by clicking here
“The Miracle”
by Shawna Belt Edwards
Jesus walked upon the water
He stilled the storm and calmed the angry sea,
With His hands He healed the leper,
He made the lame to walk the blind to see.
He fed a thousand people with a loaf or two of bread.
And when the ruler’s daughter died,
He raised her form the dead.

Jesus is a God of miracles,
Nothing is at all impossible to Him,
But I know this:
Of all his miracles, the most incredible must be the miracle that rescues me!

Jesus bled and died to save me,
A price that I could never pay alone,
When he rose again he gave me,
The greatest gift the world has ever known!

Yes I can be forgiven every time I repent
And someday He will lift me up to lift with him again.

Jesus is a God of miracles.
Nothing is at all impossible to Him, but I know this;
Of all his miracles the most incredible must be the miracle that rescues me!

The miracle that rescues you and me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for sharing that beautiful song. It's one I have never heard before and it has touched my heart. God bless!

    ReplyDelete